- Abnormal posture,
- Unrountined life style,
- Prolonged forward bending,
- Prolonged standing,
- Sudden jerk,
- To reduce inter vertebral space,
- Decalcification from vertebra,
- Weakness of back abdominal muscles,
- Lack of sound sleep and exercises,
- Countousily biking,
- To use spongy bed.
These are most common causes for the back pain.
Conservative treatments for Physiotherapy is the most significant and have no side effect.
Aim of treatment:-
- To reduce pain and stiffness of back pain.
- To reduce reediting pain of posterior aspect of lower limb.
- To improve proper blood circulation & conduction of impulse.
- To correct the proper blood circulation & conduction of impulse improve muscle, strength and healthy tissue and to eliminate burning sensation of nerve.
- To prevent forward bending of spine.
- To prevent prolong standing & sitting.
- To seat long time in same posture.
- To reduce body weight and central obesity
Heat therapy such as short wave: – wave diathermy, microwave diathermy –The radiation of these equipments dipper penetration of muscles and joints.
Impulse Therapy:- Interferential therapy & tansqutenious nerve stimulation. It reduces muscle spasm and pain.
Intermittent pelvic traction:- It relives nerve compression.
- Avoid jerk and forward bending of spine.
- To use limbo- Sacral corset.
- To maintain good posture.
- To use flat and hard bed.
- Posterior spinal mussel exercise.
- Isometric contraction of back muscle.
- Breading exercise.
- Hamstring stretching exercise.
- Straight leg raising exercise.
- Abdominal muscle exercise.
- Stranding of abductor, adductor, flexor and extensor muscles of hip and lower spine.
Dr. Manoj kumar (P.T)
Bihar College of Physiotherapy.